The term “personal data” has the meaning given to it in the Ordinance.
Purpose and use of personal data collected
The personal information GlitterKing collects from you may be used for the following purposes, including but not limited to
– Identifying you and any accounts you open
– To provide you with services
– Verifying your identity and/or conducting credit checks
– Ascertaining and verifying your eligibility for discounts and promotions on goods and services
– Processing applications and renewing partner products and services on your behalf, including but not limited to insurance and financial products
– Processing insurance claims on your behalf for partner products and services
– process payment instructions or debt collection for you in relation to services
– Allowing this website to store your personal information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase or renew an insurance product
– Processing orders, billing and fulfilling orders
– Direct marketing of our services (see the ‘Direct Marketing’ section for more information)
– Direct marketing of our business partners’ products and services (see the ‘Direct Marketing’ section for more information)
– Designing the services you need
– Conducting market research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
– Conducting programme viewing surveys and analysis
– Conducting customer data analysis and analysing your shopping preferences
– Interactive features that allow you to opt-in to our services for you, including identifying your friends, communicating with them and sharing your shopping experience
– Recommending our services or products or services of interest to you
– Designing our website and content to suit your specific preferences
– Providing you with customer service
– Handling your complaints and account enquiries, claims and/or litigation against the Company or any party
– Preventing and deterring fraud
– Audit purposes
– To make disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
– Any other purpose directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected
Types of Personal Data Collected
The personal information collected by GlitterKing may include, but is not limited to, the following.
1. your personal and contact information, such as name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media links, email address, residential address, mailing address and/or billing address.
2. your business information, such as company name and job title
3. your account details, such as the first six and last four digits of your credit card account number or your user account number
4. details of your payment transactions with merchants
5. your household income and personal interests; and
6. information about your computer or mobile device IP address, real-time location data, browser settings, browsing history and/or other Internet records; and
7. the telephone numbers and email addresses contained in your telephone directory (when you use the interactive features of the services we provide to you). We will notify you when you have accepted our services. When you provide us with data, you confirm that you have obtained consent from the contact person in the telephone book.
We may access, use and/or process your biometric data including, but not limited to, fingerprints and facial images stored on your mobile device or other devices for identity verification purposes. However, we do not collect or store such data.
Confidentiality, Disclosure and Security of Personal Information
Personal information collected and held by GlitterKing about you will be treated in confidence; however, we may disclose such information (whether in or outside of Hong Kong) to the following persons if required by law or requested to perform a legal obligation, or to provide services to you, or to carry out the original or directly related purpose for which the personal information was collected.
– a court of competent jurisdiction, law enforcement agency, or other statutory or regulatory government department, agency or organisation.
– our affiliates, partners, vendors or contractors, agents or other service providers involved in the sale and marketing or administration of services, or the provision of goods/services
– the Company’s partners including but not limited to insurance companies, which may assess and process applications for insurance products, renewals, insurance claims and settlements, provide insurance services and/or handle enquiries or complaints.
– any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, including members of the corporate group, information technology consultants, data processing contractors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers who have undertaken to keep such information confidential
– a bank, financial institution, insurance company, credit card issuer or debt collection service company.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information, other than personal data, transmitted by you or posted on our website or any part of our website are deemed to be voluntarily provided to us on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We have the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post such information elsewhere at our sole discretion, including but not limited to providing such information to any associated company for the purposes of developing and marketing our services and meeting the needs of our customers.
We may share non-personal information publicly, such as, but not limited to, anonymous data and aggregate data relating to sales transactions, user traffic, logistics and warehouse performance, and may share it with our partners, including, but not limited to, existing and potential business partners, sellers or contractors providing goods/services, start-up entrepreneurs and academics.
GlitterKing will make every reasonable effort to ensure that all personal information held by GlitterKing is stored in a reliable, secure and safe place.
We will make every effort to keep all personal information collected confidential. However, please understand that it is not possible to guarantee the security of transmitted data.
Transfer of personal data outside of Hong Kong
We may transfer personal data outside of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region if operationally necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected, or for purposes directly related to it. Any such transfer will be subject to the requirements and restrictions of the Ordinance.
Retention of Personal Data
If you choose or provide a user identification code, password or any other information as part of a security procedure, you must treat this information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. If your mobile phone number is used for account registration, you should ensure that your account is updated in a timely manner by entering your account in “Account Information” when your mobile phone number is changed or returned to the mobile operator. This is important to ensure that your account information is not accessed by third parties who may have acquired the right to use your returned mobile phone number. You are responsible for protecting your account in this particular way. We are not responsible for this.
Unless GlitterKing is required by law to retain your personal information for a specific period of time, GlitterKing will only retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the original purpose for which it was collected, or for purposes directly related to it.
GlitterKing may use the personal data collected from you for the purpose of sending messages, offers, promotions and marketing offers, for which we require your consent. We may contact you via email, mobile app notifications, social media links, SMS, text/image/video messages, phone or mail. We hold your name, email address, telephone number,
contact address, social media links, product and service portfolio information, transaction patterns and behaviours, browsing history, programme viewing habits, personal interests, which we may use to directly market our services and the products and services of our business partners or advertising partners below, or the products or services of HKTV Mall merchants. The following categories of products and services of our business partners or advertising partners, or products or services of HKTV Mall merchants, including but not
limited to food and beverages, groceries, household products, personal care and wellness, skin care and cosmetics, maternity and childcare, pet products, electronic and electrical appliances, home furnishings, food and drink, sports and travel, toys and books, telecommunications, media and entertainment, fashion and apparel, jewellery, luxury goods, insurance and financial product categories, motor vehicles, real estate, government information and services, and services for charitable, cultural, philanthropic or recreational purposes.
You may be interested in soliciting donations or contributions for charitable, cultural, philanthropic or recreational purposes.
If you do not wish to receive any direct marketing communications from us and our partners, you may update your preferences at any time via your registered account or the unsubscribe link provided by us. Upon receipt of your notification, we will cease to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes and you will not be charged for
– Identify you when you visit our website and mobile applications
– obtain information about your preferences, access and browsing behaviour, online activity and internet usage
– keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket to help you through the checkout process
– Conducting research and statistical analysis to help us improve our services and better understand the requirements and interests of visitors and tourists
– Provide advertising that is tailored to your personal interests, so that we, our business partners and advertisers can carry out our promotions and advertising programmes more effectively
– Make your online activities more efficient and better experience
– Tighten security measures
If you do not wish to allow the use of your “cookies” file, you can make adjustments on your internet browser and electronic device. By disabling the use of biscuits, you are aware that you may not be able to use certain features of our web and mobile applications.
Linking to the Website
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
GlitterKing Group Limited
To: Privacy Information Officer
Unit B, 14/F, Gaylord Commercial Building,
114 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
In accordance with the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for such data access request.
In the event of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the English version shall prevail.
Last updated: September 2022